Monday, March 22, 2010

The Days Inn adventure!

So the family took a little trip down to beautiful....sunny...... Orlando, Florida? Okay so it wasn't so sunny while we were there, but Florida itself is very nice. The trip, which actually started for me tossing up my cookies while hitting massive turbulence on the flight down, was fun for the most part. I really enjoyed appearing at MegaCon, much to the surprise of many people who didn't know I was there. However it's the last night we were in Orlando that I speak.
So we were staying at the Days Inn, and were getting some sleep after a long day of packing and getting ready for the second leg of our trip. Around 2:30 am I was awoken from a deep sleep by the sound of glass breaking. I didn't think much of it at the time, until I heard another crash. The sounds increased , waking everyone in the room (except Catie). My Mother, who was with us said "It sounds like it's next door.!" I got up from my bed and peered through the curtains to see if I could see anything but didn't. Then suddenly we heard a thud, followed by more glass breaking. Everyone was on edge as Karine called the front desk only to be told that they new what was going on and the police were on their way.
Finally after about ten minutes the police showed up. It was like listening to an episode of "Cops". After about five minutes, things became quiet and the rest of the guest on our floor started to come out of their rooms. I walked out of my room door and peered around the corner to see this..

Apparently he and his girlfriend had been in town for a Tony Robbins motivational speach.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
One of the most popular and prolific pencillers in the comic book industry, Jamal Igle is an award winning artist and writer. Best known for his run on Supergirl with writer Sterling Gates, Jamal has been a professional jack of all trades for nearly 20 years, drawing every title from Action Comics to Zatanna for DC Comics. A former comics retailer, Editor for several small press companies including TV Comics, Airwave Comics and Destination Entertainment. Former Junior Art Director and Marketing rep in the Advertising and publishing arenas. Jamal's clients include Marvel Comics, image Comics, Dark Angel productions/ Simmons and Company, Devil's Due Studios, Crusade Entertainment, Walt Disney inc., Sony Television, CBS Television and Scholastic Entertainment. Jamal has also worked as a conceptional artist for the Toy and gaming industries as well as film and television. Jamal is married to his beautiful, and much smarter wife Karine.They're also the proud parents of an extremely cute child named Catherine and a Cat named Loustique